As if you haven’t noticed this already, the closer we get to the release of Moonrise Kingdom, the more news bits are coming out of the woodwork. Sometimes they’re extremely noteworthy and merit their own post, and sometimes they’re just little blips on the radar. This week, we’re starting a new weekly Friday News Round-Up to capture the smaller things around the web that we found interesting, but weren’t quite enough to stand alone:
- (Image above) Unofficial fan artwork of Moonrise Kingdom poster by Needle Design & Illustration.
- Comedian Rob Delaney brainstorms the next movie for Wes.
- Wes shares his inspirations for Moonrise Kingdom, including Ken Loach‘s 1979 film Black Jack, Alan Parker’s Melody, and François Truffaut’s Small Change.
- The Magnetic Eye did an interview with Jessica Hische, typographer and illustrator for the poster and title cards on Moonrise Kingdom.
- Production designer Mark Friedberg, who worked on the full-scale model of Zissou’s ship in The Life Aquatic, discusses working with Wes.
- A Moonrise Kingdom treasury on Etsy.