Here we are again with another edition of the Round-Up. The heat is definitely on press-wise as the movie’s actual premiere date gets closer. Let’s get to it:
- Above: Illustrator Laura Perm-Jardin distills down Suzy and Sam to their bare threads. (See more MR posters here.)
- The illustratographer received some fantastic Khaki Scout badges for his work on the movie.
- The Museum of the Moving Image in Astoria, Queens will be hosting a Wes Anderson retrospective titled “Wes Anderson’s Worlds” from May 18-27. Movies include the usual suspects and The Magnificent Ambersons, the film from which The Royal Tenebaums was largely inspired.
- Total Film somehow chose the 15 Greatest Wes Anderson Moments, a feat if I’ve ever heard one.
- French band Pony Pony Run Run turned to The Life Aquatic for the inspiration for their latest music video for “Sorry”. (via MTVIGGY)
- Chuck Klosterman chose Rushmore as one of his top ten Criterions.