It’s here, it’s finally here! It’s opening day! Buy your tickets early and often to support Wes and luxuriate in his newest cinematic masterpiece (and confidentially, as few of our editors have already seen the film, we can confirm it’s as wonderful as you had hoped.)
With that said, it’s time to get down to brass tacks, here’s your Friday Round-up:
- Slate’s Wes Anderson Bingo cards will be a fun addition to your (many, many) viewings of Moonrise.
- Wes Anderson’s list of 10 favorite New York movies has a few surprises. (Hannah and Her Sisters over Manhattan or Annie Hall? Blasphemy!)
- Jason Schwartzman is still a charmer in his brief Guardian interview, discussing his role in Moonrise.
- The New York Observer’s extremely negative review (click if you dare) is thankfully an outlier. Moonrise Kingdom is currently at 96% on Rotten Tomatoes.
- Forbes has an interesting article, What Wes Anderson Can Teach Us About Advertising, that espouses the power of successful branding.
- In honor of opening day, Skull and Stripe did a Moonrise-inspired fashion round-up.
- For something a bit sweeter, Green Wedding Shoes did a Moonrise-styled elopement photoshoot, including a reenactment of the romantic, “I will meet you in the meadow” scene.
- Finally, we fully endorse the New Yorker’s headline: What To See This Weekend: “Moonrise Kingdom,” Twice. The glowing review isn’t bad, either.