We made a mistake?
- Life would be so much more awesome if this article was actually true.
- A Bill Murray comic comic book? Sign my kid up! I have the therapy sessions for 2025 scheduled, anyway.
- Our new pal Roland MacDonald (no relation) sent along the above fanart.
- My eyes burnt up when I saw this.
- I think that this is lame, but you are entitled to your own opinion (sort of).
- Our friend Jeffrey wonders if he has located *the* cove. Let us know what you think.
- Wes Anderson recently offered his thoughts on Christopher Nolan and Dark Knight Rises to the UK’s Empire Online:
I enjoy Chris Nolan’s work in general, but I watched the Blu-Ray and it has a thing where you can go to any scene in the movie and go to the making of that. There’s nothing that has ever made me feel less like a professional than watching Chris Nolan’s group at work. The remote-control miniature cars. Just every technique. The rehearsal of flipping the semi-trailer end over end in the middle of the desert before they blow it up in Chicago… There’s one scene where a guy jumps off the top of a skyscraper — they rehearse the jump but for the actual thing they did it CG. ‘But for the rehearsal you did jump off the building?’ ‘We have it as a reference.’ Wow. Chris Nolan is quite great. My favourite is Memento, but I’d like to learn how to do these things.
- The Village Voice’s 4Knots festival is today in New York City. Their poster brings to mind a certain Aquatic film.
- Scouting the Moonrise Kingdom filming locations (no pun intended, or maybe intended. I don’t know about these things):
Finally, thanks to Gloria for her work on this weekly column (our condolences to her and her family). And sorry for ruining it by posting it a day late the one week that it is my job.