- (Above) Photo of Noye’s Fludde from the set of Moonrise Kingdom by ANTWRANGLERon Flickr.
- Comic illustrator Henry The Worst made this wonderfully idiosyncratic gif after another Rushmore viewing.
- Wes discussed the young adult literature that helped inspire Moonrise Kingdom, including A Wrinkle in Time and Huckleberry Finn.
- The Atlantic has a very sweet piece titled “I Babysat the ‘Moonrise Kingdom’ Kid” by Jared’s former sitter.
- The New Yorker tallies up the damage against dogs in WA’s films. (RIP Buckley and Snoopy)
- Wes Anderson and Noah Baumbauch have teamed up to co-produce Peter Bogdanovich’s new film, Squirrel To The Nuts, which stars WA favorite, Jason Schwartzman (and others.)
- Flavorwire took a great in-depth look at Wes Anderson’s favorite actors.
- The love from The New Yorker just doesn’t end. Richard Brody penned an excellent blog post regarding how MR fits into Wes’s oeuvre. Key line:
Moonrise Kingdom is not a drastic departure from Anderson’s first six features but rather an intensification of their characteristics, or even just their more explicit revelation.
- KidzWorld interviewed to Kara Hayward and Jared Gilman regarding their experiences on the film and acting tips they learned along the way. (As the site title might betray, it’s geared toward a young audience.)
- Finally, watch Bill Murray’s entire, kinda touching speech at the South Atlantic League Hall of Fame, where he was being inducted as co-owner and “Director of Fun” for the Charleston RiverDogs. Also take a look at this shorter package about Bill and the team. (Love that he’s still rocking the Bishop coat.)
2 Replies to “Friday News Round-Up 6/22/12”
Wes Anderson, you did not need to kill Snoopy.
We already knew that Redford was an aggressive militant
bully. And it provided no visceral moment, no shock value. Just disappointment.
Sorry, Janice, but you’re wrong. Snoopy had to go.