A toast to 2011.
See our Holiday videos from last year after the cut.
Merry Christmas to you and yours from the Rushmore Academy. Please leave your holiday wishes — for our community or even for Wes* — at the Yankee Racers forum (‘Holiday wishes’ thread).
* RA.com is not an officially sanctioned site, and Wes probably won’t read your wish.
- “Trains offer insight into India,” Brisbane Times (Australia)
- Slash Film lists TDL as the #38 in their definitive films of 2007 list. It is #1 on our list… maybe we should publish our own?
- Nice review from The Age (Australia)
- The Sydney Morning Herald gives Limited four stars:
I hesitate to use the word real, because this is India as seen by a director who likes to put his stamp on reality…. That has given the film its heart and a strikingly rich colour design – purple, turquoise, ruby, at least inside the train. This is India as in one of those highly coloured paintings of a Hindu god. It’s absolutely gorgeous but every so often the train stops and we go outside, into the dusty yellow plains of Rajasthan, where reality is more present.
Happy holidays, everyone!