- (Above) Suzy’s earrings have never looked so good than in this artistic poster by Alex Quinn.
- The Museum of the Moving Image has republished their five-part video series on the Substance of Style for Wes Anderson. The series is extremely detailed, well-researched, and absolutely engrossing. Absolutely recommended.
- Roman Coppola talks with Interview Magazine regarding his experiences co-writing The Darjeeling Limited and Moonrise Kingdom. (Bonus trivia: In the interview, Roman uses the phrase “a memory of a fantasy,” which was coined by an interviewer during Cannes, which was referenced by Wes in his NPR interview.)
- Watch the full 40 minute Moonrise Kingdom press conference from Cannes over here.
- Short List has “alternative” designs for the Moonrise Kingdom poster, some of which we’ve featured here before, but it’s worth taking a look at the whole gallery. Certainly telling that the film inspired so many diverse images.
The great designer (and drummer) Sam Smith has created a series of posters for The Castro Theater’s screenings of The Royal Tenenbaums and The Life Aquatic for this Saturday. Check out the posters below. To find alternate versions of the posters, and info on where you can buy them, visit Mr. Smith’s tumblr.